HOW TO KNOW IF YOUR CRUSH LIKES YOU: 5 CLUES TO LOOK OUT FOR
See if these classic signs someone likes you matches up with what’s going on.
- Mutual friends think they like you. As they say, no smoke without fire. Context is important, though — this intel is more reliable when it’s unprompted, rather than as an answer to you asking... repeatedly.
- She picks up text conversations even after they’ve fizzled out. Most friends will let a chat reach a natural end, so why is she still asking about the dog you had when you were nine? Maybe it’s you, not Rusty, that she’s really interested in. And if you’re sending each other paragraphs every day, chances are this is more than checking in with a mate.
- She knows her angles for your FaceTime calls. If she video calls her friends from a goofy angle, and with you it’s good lighting and a nice top, take note.
- Their body language matches the old clichés. Blushing, glancing over a lot, turning towards you fully when you talk — they’re all signs of interest in girls and guys alike, so pay attention. Peering in to see if their pupils are dilating might freak them out, though.
- They gravitate to you at gatherings. Do you often find yourself chatting to them apart from the group? You might not have clocked it happening, but if they’re making an effort to spend time with you, that’s how to know someone likes you.
TAKE CARE: SIGNS THAT CAN BE MISLEADING
Though it’s tempting to read romance in a double text, these might not really be signs someone likes you.
- They’re nice and friendly. It’s easy to interpret acts of friendliness as signs a girl is interested when that’s what you’re really hoping for. While this will always be gutting when you want something more, these are also great traits in a friend. Don’t turn your back on that.
- You’re already good mates. It could be that she’s just trying to maintain the friendship you’ve got. Again, this alone is worth appreciating. But if you really want something more with her, don’t give up: there are ways to manoeuvre yourself out of the friendzone.
- She’s treating you mean. Perhaps… it’s not to keep you keen. Don’t worry, some playful teasing is textbook flirting if she’s also ticking the boxes above and seems to like being around you. But if she’s more on the distant, unresponsive side, it might be time to cut your losses and move on.
If you’re looking for how to know if your crush likes you for sure, then, drumroll, please… you’ll need to ask them. This is the only way to be 100% sure there’s something going on, and you can still make it casual. Check out some chilled ways to tell a girl you’re into her.