Pictures are a super important part of your dating app profile. If you find yourself saying “I get no matches on Tinder” or endlessly asking yourself “why am I not getting matches on Tinder?” the answer probably comes down to your first photo being you, victoriously sweaty after your national hot dog eating convention win. Check your pictures:
- Aren’t NSFW. Get more matches on Tinder by deleting those thirst traps or any photos of you swinging on your chair.
- Tell a story about you. You’ll get more matches on Tinder if your picture tells the person swiping what kind of personality you have!
- Will start a conversation. Knowing how to get matches on Bumble or Tinder is easy when you include a picture that makes the other person think, “I need to know the story behind that photo”, or, “Jeez, how many hot dogs does someone have to eat to win a trophy that big???”.
Don’t forget the bio!
Wondering “why am I not getting matches on Tinder?” isn’t just down to pictures though. You need an awesome bio too. There are some golden rules to this:
- Keep it short. We’re not talking 90s ‘txt spk’. Just keep it short and save the good stuff for the DMs.
- Try to link your bio to your pictures. Try setting up a joke in your pictures and stick the punchline in your bio. It’ll either make them laugh or confuse them so much that they’ll look back through all your pictures. And that’s never a bad thing.
- Crack a joke. Even if it’s a rubbish one, it might connect with someone on a level – and they’re the best matches.
Ask your friends
If you still feel like you’re getting no matches on Tinder and no matches on Bumble (we reckon you’ve got at least one but ok) – show your friends your profile and see what they think.
They might gas you up and make you stop being so humble on your profile; make you flex a little. Or they might rate your profile like they’ve just come across it on their Tinder/Bumble and give you some pointers. It’s a win-win.