When he sang Love Lockdown in 2008, not even Kanye could have predicted this. But if you’ve been on any of the dating apps recently, you’ll have noticed that social distancing doesn’t mean disconnecting. In fact, the best dating apps have upped their game to make lockdown love a thing. Follow this guide to virtual dating during social distancing and get your video dates game face ON.
Dating on Snapchat
Anywhere you talk to your friends has the potential to become a dating app. Snapchat’s got your back on this one – like a digital wing-human. Here’s why it works:
- Everything just feels that little bit more private. It’s live for 24 hrs and it can be seen for a second time around – but you’ll know exactly who’s screenshotted it. Oh, snap! Suddenly we’re excited.
- It’s playful! We can afford to be a little more creative with Snapchat dates. We don’t even need to decide a time and place (which always leads to stress and overthinking).
- It’s pretty good for flirting. Self-deleting messages mean dating on Snapchat feels like you’re just talking in the real world. Even if you say something a little cringy, it’ll expire after you’ve both read it and left the chat.
- It’s so good, other dating apps have copied it. Snapchat for hook-ups used to be its only rep, but now it’s all about the long game. You can create longer Snaps by holding down on the camera button and get a proper Snapstreak going. And Bumble took notice.
- Keep that Snapstreak going. If you’ve been exchanging Snaps for 3 straight days you’ll see a 🔥. If that number next to it is high, then it’s time to get planning that socially distanced date.