Our best second date ideas on a budget
No money? No problem! Taking someone out on date numero dos doesn’t have to break the bank. What matters is that you both have a good time. If you’re all out of dough, here are a few ideas for places to go where romance can grow (without you looking like a cheapskate):
- A park (either one you know well or one with top reviews on Yelp) — bring a picnic (but find out their dietary requirements first)!
- A skating rink (if it’s cold enough — avoid rinks where skate rentals are a total rip-off).
- Get yourself on the VIP guest list for a mate’s band’s concert (if you don’t have any mates in bands, get some).
- If your crush is into art, hit up a gallery and make sure you read up on the stuff on display in advance.
- Are you and your crush sporty? Get down to that pitch and do your best Ronaldo impression. Even if you’re terrible, you’ll at least make your crush laugh.
Great second date ideas for socially distanced times
Need to be six feet apart at all times? It’s cool, there are ways of getting closer without getting physically closer. No, really. It’s called talking.
Second date tips for convos:
- Reduce the noise — a quiet setting means you two won’t have to shout “PARDON?” every time one of you says something, which helps to get the chat flowing.
- Tongue-tied? We’ve got your back on that one. Check out these questions to ask that we’ve thought up. We’re the GOAT. Say nothing.
- Follow up on what your crush reveals about themselves (hopefully you did this on the first date, too). This also helps you remember what they’re into.
Want some physical action even though you can’t touch? Challenge them to a game of one-to-one football, tennis, crazy golf, or volleyball to turn up the body heat (make sure you’re wearing a great-smelling antiperspirant). Just don’t be a sore loser if your crush wins.
All good second date ideas revolve around getting to know your crush better, so enjoy spending time with them without any pressure. If things go well, you might get to spend even more time with them — and can you really imagine anything better?