Some questions are obvious on a first date. ‘Have you ever bowled before?’, ‘What do you think you’re doing? Why didn’t you order your own chips?’, and ‘How do you know all of the words to All Star by Smash Mouth?’.
But what are some other interesting first date questions to ask her? Here’s what to ask a girl on a first date in case you’re worried the chat’s going to be dryer than a cracker in the desert.
WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK ON A FIRST DATE
The first and most important rule when it comes to 1st date questions is to act confident. Just think about what the most confident guy on the planet would do – and do that!
If you’re completely clueless about what to ask a girl on a first date or you freeze up mid-date, pull out (metaphorically, of course (unless you think the most confident guy in the world would just pull out their phone)) this handy list of great first date questions to get the conversation flowing again.
- Where have you travelled? Would you move to any of those places?
- Do you have any siblings? Which one do you think your parents like more?
- Have you seen the most recent [insert TV show episode]? Or do you prefer lip-syncing to audiobooks?
- What’s your favourite food? (keep this one in mind for future dates)
- What do you like to do when you’re not [in school, with family, hanging with your mates]?
- What are your plans after [graduation, for the summer, for the holidays, etc.]?
- What does a perfect holiday look like for you?
- Do you have any pets? Are any of them large enough to wrestle?
- Do you see yourself always living here or would you like to move somewhere else? (Hopefully they don’t move away from the date you’re currently on)
- What’s one weird talent that you have? Do you think you could make money from it?
- What’s next on your travel bucket list?
- Who are your closest friends? Who would play them in a film about your life? (We all know you’re the main character)
- Best musical artist of all time, go! Tell them anything after 1850 is mainstream when they answer.
- Do you enjoy your job? What do you do exactly? (rephrase depending on if it’s full-time or seasonal work)
Just think about what the most confident guy on the planet would do – and do that!
- Do you do any sports? Which sport do you reckon you’d have the best shot at getting an Olympic medal in?
- Favourite dessert? (Chocolate fudge brownie)
- Favourite desert? (Gobi)
- What’s one thing I should know about you?
- What’s one thing I shouldn’t know about you?
- What’s the greatest movie of all time? And why is it Shrek 2???
- If you could learn one new skill, what would it be?
- What do you think is the most important quality in another person? If they say ‘listening’ just interrupt them halfway through their explanation. They’ll love it.
- Did you and your family travel a lot when you were younger? Are your family secretly adventurers on the hunt for treasure?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you? (if she is feeling shy, volunteer your own story first to break the ice and make her laugh)
- Are you a morning or night person? If they say night person, they could be Batman. Result.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be? (If they say flying or great hearing, they’re definitely Batman)
- Do you have any plans for [upcoming holiday, etc.]?
When it comes to 1st date questions, you don’t want your crush to dish out one-word answers throughout the entire date. The best first date questions to ask her are the ones that encourage her to open up and share things about herself. Listen to what they say go from there.
So, if you don’t know what questions to ask on a first date just chuck a couple of those conversational grenades in there. Good luck dating! And remember: You’re an all-star, get your game on. Go play.
Give these a try
- slide 1