WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK ON A FIRST DATE
The first and most important rule when it comes to 1st date questions is to act confident. Just think about what the most confident guy on the planet would do – and do that!
If you’re completely clueless about what to ask a girl on a first date or you freeze up mid-date, pull out (metaphorically, of course (unless you think the most confident guy in the world would just pull out their phone)) this handy list of great first date questions to get the conversation flowing again.
- Where have you travelled? Would you move to any of those places?
- Do you have any siblings? Which one do you think your parents like more?
- Have you seen the most recent [insert TV show episode]? Or do you prefer lip-syncing to audiobooks?
- What’s your favourite food? (keep this one in mind for future dates)
- What do you like to do when you’re not [in school, with family, hanging with your mates]?
- What are your plans after [graduation, for the summer, for the holidays, etc.]?
- What does a perfect holiday look like for you?
- Do you have any pets? Are any of them large enough to wrestle?
- Do you see yourself always living here or would you like to move somewhere else? (Hopefully they don’t move away from the date you’re currently on)
- What’s one weird talent that you have? Do you think you could make money from it?
- What’s next on your travel bucket list?
- Who are your closest friends? Who would play them in a film about your life? (We all know you’re the main character)
- Best musical artist of all time, go! Tell them anything after 1850 is mainstream when they answer.
- Do you enjoy your job? What do you do exactly? (rephrase depending on if it’s full-time or seasonal work)