Maybe you’re standing in a queue or you’re having a mooch around the supermarket. Maybe you’re out with your mates. Then. All of a sudden. You look up.
BOOM. You’ve made eye contact, they’re smiling, you’re smiling, you open your mouth but… nothing happens.
Talking to strangers can be pretty awkward. Especially if they’re hot. But there are so many questions to ask a girl or guy, they or them, which won’t leave either of you lost for words. When you’re trying to think of questions to ask someone you just met, give these a whirl for less awky more talky.
Go big or go home.
THE 10 BEST QUESTIONS TO ASK A GIRL OR GUY
- How about coffee sometime?
Go big or go home. A bold move, but a confidently attractive one. Plus, no one ever asks each other out anymore! Why not set up an actual 1:1 with this person, virtual or IRL? Conversation is more likely to flow in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, like a coffee shop. If you’re both at ease, you’ll feel more relaxed to ask those questions on the tip of your tongue. Remember, we don’t actually have to have a coffee.
- If you could drop everything right now and travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
When it comes to questions to ask someone you just met, establishing common ground is one of the best things we can do. We all experience a bit of wanderlust at one time or another. The best thing about this question? You’ll seem interested and spontaneous – both attractive qualities. Who knows, you might both want to go to the same place… (how about that second date)?
- If you could only watch one boxset for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
A bobby dazzler of a question. Why? It allows you to go first. Tell them what you’re into at the moment. Not only will it take the pressure off them, you can take the opportunity to flaunt your film or tv knowledge. Even better: there’s no wrong answer! Even if they reply with something you’ve never seen or something you’d never watch, ask them about it – opposites attract.
- Where’d you get that jacket from?
A worthy stakeholder in the top 10 best questions to ask a girl you just met or a guy you’ve been eyeballing from across the room: this one ticks a number of boxes. As long as you’re being genuine, you’ll seem interested and attentive. They might be caught a little off-guard by the compliment, so be low-key about it. Obviously, if they’re not wearing a jacket, choose something else you like about their outfit… otherwise, that’d be weird.
- We’re going on a road trip, but we can only listen to one song. What do you choose?
We learn a lot about a person through the music they listen to, so this is up there when it comes to questions to ask a girl or guy. Sharing tunes you’re both into is often one of the best ways to start a new relationship.
- What’s your favourite cure for boredom?
Maybe you’ve met this person somewhere pretty basic, enter: one of the best questions to ask a girl or guy in this situation. Their answer could be talking to you. Your answer could be talking to them. I can almost feel the chemistry from here.
- If you could change anything about what I’m wearing, what would it be and why?
Crafty. We see what you did there. Suddenly, all eyes are on you. When searching for questions to ask a girl you just met, don’t be shy. Fortune favours the brave! And this one is brave. Not only will it put them at ease because the focus is shifted to you, you’ve opened the way for a bit of humour. Remember to keep your cool and don’t take their answer too personally. Besides, they might not want to change a thing about you…
- If you could be anyone else for the day, who would you choose and why?Obviously, you don’t want them to be anyone other than who they are. But we think this should be included in the top questions to ask a girl you just met, because it’s a great window into someone’s personality. Have they chosen an actor? Author? Politician? Musician? Their answer will reveal more about what they do in their spare time, which can only be useful information for you.
- So, what would you do if you won the lottery?
It’s a classic in the list of questions to ask someone you just met, and a really good way to get a feel for a person. Maybe they’re into travelling, maybe altruism is their thing, either way, you can chime in with your extra helpful suggestions for how to spend a shed load of cash. A great opportunity to see whether you’re on the same page or not.
- What’s your perfect first date?
Cheeky! And a good way to end the conversation if things have been going well. With any luck, you’ll get some decent pointers for the real deal.
Have these top hitters to hand for easy and interesting questions to ask a girl or guy when the conversation needs a bit of spice. Life isn’t scripted, so above all, go with the flow.
Give these a try
- slide 1
- slide 2