HOW TO APPLY ANTIPERSPIRANT AND DEODORANT
Rolling a can of deodorant on your underarms isn’t going to do much. And neither is trying to spray a stick or a roll on at your underarms (we’re not even sure how that would work). It’s time to match your technique to your deodorant of choice.
HOW TO USE DEODORANT STICKS AND ANTIPERPSPIRANT STICKS
- First thing’s first – make sure your underarms are cleaner than your bedroom when you want something from your mum. This goes for all deodorants and antiperspirants.
- Make sure your underarms are dry – this helps the deodorant stick to your skin and keep you smelling epic.
- Start at the centre of your underarm and work your way out, making sure to cover the whole area.
HOW TO APPLY ROLL ON DEODORANT AND ANTIPERSPIRANT
- Again, rule numero uno for how to use roll on deodorant is to make sure your underarms are drier than the chat you have when you’re paired with that guy at school that you’ve never spoken to before.
- Roll on 2-3 swipes of deodorant or antiperspirant under each arm, covering the entire underarm zone.
- Wait until your deodorant is dry before putting on your shirt – and then you’re good to go!
HOW TO APPLY DEODORANT SPRAY
- Shake the can like it’s a can of drink you’re about to give your friend (it’s a classic).
- Hold it 15cm away from your underarms – no need for an aimbot here, you can just eyeball it.
- Spray for 2-3 seconds under each arm (or your back/neck/stomach…we’re not judging) – make sure you get your entire underarm!
HOW MUCH DEODORANT TO APPLY
While no one wants to risk smelling like they haven’t showered in a while, you also don’t want to knock people out with the strength of your deodorant. So, 2-3 seconds of spray or wipes of roll on should do the trick.
WHEN TO APPLY DEODORANT
Stick some deodorant on before you work out, go for a night out, or a class test that you didn’t revise for (they were always the scarier ones).
But, plot twist, antiperspirants and deodorants work best on dry skin so you should actually apply it before you go to bed.
And there’s no need to worry about it wearing off, just look out for a deodorant or antiperspirant with long-lasting sweat protection like Lynx Africa Spray Antiperspirant, which provides 72-hour sweat protection or Lynx Gold anti-marks for a roll on alternative.
HOW TO WEAR DEODORANT
So, now you know how to apply antiperspirant and deodorant, that’s the essential first step. But to really get the full effect, it’s important to know how to make your deodorant work for you and make you smell ready at any moment. Try matching your deodorant or antiperspirant to your body wash so that you’re covered in high-definition freshness from dusk ‘til dawn.
And you can use your deodorant as a cologne too! Something like Lynx Ice Chill has an amazing frozen mint and lemon scent – not only does it give 48-hour high definition scent, but it contains the odour protection of an antiperspirant.
Think of Lynx Deodorant as your hype man in a can. Every time you catch a whiff of those awesome high-definition scents, you’ll remember that you’ve got what it takes to turn anything into a moment.