Sure, you could just scroll through her Twitter or check out her Insta, but if you really want to get to know someone, it’s worth having a bit of chat that goes beyond the feed. The next time you’re having a video call, float these ‘getting to know you’ questions. Dating by numbers. In a retro, old-but-gold kinda way.
VINTAGE QUESTIONS TO ASK TO GET TO KNOW A GIRL
Hopefully, we already know a few things about them, like her name, age, and where she’s from. To get a better idea about what they’re thinking and to show them you’re interested / a smoothie / low-key suss out if she’s GF material, here’s what to ask a girl to get to know her. Slip these cheeky one-liners into the convo if the chat is running a little dry, or use them to kick things off:
- What’s your favourite thing to do on the weekend?
- What career do you want when you’re older?
- What’s most important to you: money, power, or fame?
- Are you more introverted or extroverted?
- What’s your favourite movie/band/book?
- If you had to choose one meal to eat right now, what would you pick?
- What’s your biggest phobia?
- At a party, are you more likely to be on the dancefloor, at the bar, or somewhere else?
- Where’s your dream holiday destination?
Dating questions to get to know someone should be as low-key as is natural. It’s not a laugh if it starts to feel like an interview. Good chat is a two-way thing. Hopefully, she’ll start firing them back at you. Your biggest phobia? Not seeing her again. And spiders. Obviously.