Bring in the shears! Manscaping tips from Lynx
Take a second to think about some of the greatest members of the animal kingdom. Mountain lions. Killer whales. Grizzly bears. Anacondas. They’re strong, powerful, and nobody takes a second to think about their body hair!
So, you don’t need to worry about yours. Body hair doesn’t define a person, so find your style and groove with it – and we’re here to help you with that. We tried to help the whales and the bears by explaining the benefits of manscaping, but they were having none of it.
The life-changing benefits of manscaping
Did you know that trimming your pubes by 1cm will create world peace, end the hunt for renewable energy, and stop your phone from ever falling in the toilet? Alright, maybe not. But there are still good reasons to learn about male manscaping:
- It’s cleaner. What’s the easiest surface to clean if you spill something on it? Hardwood floor, carpet, or a deep shaggy rug? Case closed.
- It might be more attractive. Depending on who you ask. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The number one person you need to worry about pleasing is yourself, so just do what works for you.
- It may help with an ‘optical illusion’. Got a back so muscular that it looks like several pythons wrestling in a sack? Got an awesome tattoo of your mum/personal hero/they’re-the-same-person but your leg hairs got them looking like a werewolf? Got a ‘temple’ in your ‘rainforest’ that would look more impressive with a bit man ’landscaping’? Then get trimming!
Oh, and whatever you’re shaving, make sure it’s all clean before you get down to business.
Body hair doesn’t define a person, so find your style and groove with it...
Male manscaping masterclass
Lightning round! Also known as the A and 3Bs:
- Armpits: Try it! You might want to trim your armpit hair to cut down on sweat/smell. Do it in the shower (not like that) and use scissors for trimming or a razor and shaving foam for clean pits. Next!
- Back: If you've got a hairy back, shaving it might help reduce sweating. Have a crack at it yourself with an electric trimmer or bribe your partner into helping you out in the shower (not like that) with a razor and some foam.
- Balls: Only attempt this if you don’t like how it looks/ if you’ve got hands like a bomb defusal expert. Pull the skin tight in the shower and use a razor.
- Bum: You might not see how hairy your bum is so you might want to shave it when it feels too long. Warning: Shaving the inside of the cheek region will mean inner-bum-stubble and walking with that could start a fire.
Basically, it doesn’t matter how or what you shave when it comes to manscaping. Feel free to experiment and try something new if you (or your partner) fancies it. But remember, sometimes it’s best to do nothing because you’re already king of the jungle.