WHAT ARE PARABENS
You’ll find parabens in a lot of skincare stuff. They’re chemical preservatives. Parabens keep mould and bacteria from growing e.g., they’re there so that hand lotion doesn’t look like your school science experiment if you forget about it for two years.
MAKES SENSE. SO, ARE PARABENS BAD?
Some people will tell you to stay away from parabens. Some people will tell you they’re fine. So, who and what to believe when everything is so up in the air?
- Parabens have been around in grooming since the fifties. That’s not long enough to know everything, but it means they haven’t caused any problems obvious enough to ban them from cosmetic products.
- There’s loads floating about on some of the bad stuff that parabens might do, but it’s worth noting that when it comes to skincare and cosmetic products being legally sold, the percentages of parabens used is often minimal and will follow the law when it comes to consumer safety. If you’re ever unsure about what’s in your products, check out the ingredients label.
- As it stands, there is no substantial scientific evidence that parabens in cosmetics are bad for you, which is why many legally sold products out there follow safety guidelines and still use parabens.
SO, SHOULD YOU AVOID PARABENS FOR SKIN?
As with most things in life, it’s nice to have choices. Whether you’re swiping left or right on parabens, there’s enough going on in the world without having to worry about them while you’re trying to enjoy a shower. If you’re feeling unsure about it, go for paraben-free products. There are loads of options out there:
- Looking for some paraben-free body wash so you can smell ready and be carefree? You’ll find powerful cleaning and epic scents inside a bottle of Lynx Black, Excite, or Africa, but no parabens. Iconic fragrance and shower power without the hassle? Yes, please.
- Sensitive skin? We’ve got you covered there as well. Lynx Seriously Sensitive Shower Gel is a paraben-free shower gel designed to leave you smelling fresh and feeling fine. Formulated with ingredients designed to help guys with sensitive skin.
Stay clued up and smelling ready for the unexpected with our paraben-free body wash and shower gel – and cut through all the noise by making up your own mind over parabens for skin.